Stam Forum Update

A good  Erev Shabbos to one and all.

It has been nearly 2 months since the launch of this forum. The idea behind this forum was simply to provide support for sofrim and magihim, such as myself, particularly in more remote places outside of Eretz Yisroel.

Just this week alone three new sofrim became members, and I received emails from a number of others looking to join (hopefully I will have time after Shabbos to add their profiles). We have received as many as 300 hits per day and I can see a lot more than the registered members who are visiting this site reguarly.

I did not anticipate the success of this site, nor was I expecting it to grow this quickly. Clearly, there is a need for this site and I guess it is somewhat overdue.

I think it would make sense for this forum to be run a little more professionally. I do not have the time or the expertise to do so myself, so I am looking for a professional who can assist in building this site. It would involve obtaing a domain name (not through blogspot), hosting, marketing etc. Also I think it is important to pay rabbonim who give time to be involved in answering shailos posted here.

My plan at the moment is to seek sponsorship for this site, to assist in bringing it to the next level. I have a number of ideas and I already have approached one individual who may be interested. Hopefully, with a sponsor(s) we can maximise the potential of this forum.

If anyone has any ideas or imput on this matter, please feel free to post a comment or email me at info@sofer.com.au

Comments

  1. The stam forum is amazing. Kol hakavod.

    Maybe we can involve some english speaking mainstram rabbis such as rav freidlander etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://worldofstam.blogspot.com
    RABBI GREENFELD MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN HELPING
    HIS BLOG IS USED FOR POSTING INFORMATION BUT HE MIGHT JOIN YOUR BLOG IF REQUESTED ASIDE FROM BEING THE FOUNDER OF VAAD MISHMERES STAM HE IS VERY HOOKED UP WITH RAV FRIEDLANDER AND RABBI WOSNER.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.