In today’s day and age, virtually every kosher product available to the consumer comes with a hechsher. By hechsher, I mean an official and recognised rabbinical body or agency that certifies the kashrus of a product, be it a food item or a religious article. Hechsherim play a vital role in providing consumer confidence, and something branded by a reputable kashrus agency will be considered more legitimate than a similar product that does not. The agency has rigid policies and protocols in place to ensure correct standards are met, and they are independent of the manufacturer so that there is no conflict of interest. As we have discussed on this forum previously, there is a distinct lack of official hechsherim on Sta”m products - Tefillin, Mezuzos and Sifrei Torah. Even the Vaad Mishmeres Sta”m, the oldest and most well- known rabbinic agency in the Sta”m world does not certify products. They test and ordain sofrim and magihim (examiners), offer a computer checking service (sp...
I just Bar-Ilan'd "צף" "קלף" to appear within 20 words of each other in every sefer (including shu''t shevet halevi" and it didnt come up with anything. I also tried several other searches, but didn't succeed.
ReplyDeletesorry
see bnei yonah yorah deah siman 271 seif 6
ReplyDeletehttp://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=44655&st=&pgnum=5 (last parentheses in the left column)
see also yerios shlomo (ch. 3 p. 3) who says that it is kosher
i guess that shows how otzar hachachma can be superior to bar ilan :-)
ReplyDeleteZvi, I think you didn't mean "floating" rather protruding, Ie the ink is boilet above the klaf.
ReplyDeleteThis is the Bney Yona quoted by Peretz above.
Readjust the hebrew words in search, instead of צף.
I remember the word צף or one of its variations like יצוף ,לצוף, etc.
ReplyDeleteWhich volume of שבט הלוי deals with questions of STAM?
ReplyDeletetry search דיו קלף
ReplyDelete