דיוחנן - kosher rapidograph ink.... Experiences or comments pls
I recently tried this kosher ink for my rapidograph and I am extremely pleased with it. It does not clog the nib like other kosher rapidograph inks, and it's very dark and strong. It's at least as good as the Rotring commercial grade rapidograph inks (of course these can only be used with batch numbers that have been lab tested and approved kosher), and in addition you do not need to add a drop of regular Sta"m ink (as per the instruction of the Shevet Halevi, which is messy and time consuming). I was wondering if anyone else had an opinion or comments with regards to their experience with this ink...

This is the risk of buying cheaper Alter Rebbe. Only buy Alter Rebbe Ksav if it is written to a high standard by a sofer Mumche.
ReplyDeleteIf you are Chabad and you have a limited budget - get Arizal.
these zayinim are kosher. there is no question in regard to a nun. this is normal for csav chabad, these bent feet in many letters
ReplyDeleteI have seen some extreme versions of this case where it is mamash possul.
DeleteAt any rate, a normal Alter Rebbe Zayin gets thicker by going out on an ANGLE. This one, the regel goes down and it suddenly goes out left at a 90 degree angle. this is NOT how you make the regel of a zayin.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "this is normal for csav chabad, these bent feet in many letters". It might not be an issue to bend the feet of other letters, but if you risk the issue of Shinui Tzura, I'm not clear as to why it makes a difference wheather it's Kesav Chabad or not. I'm sure that this is not the preferable way to make a Zayin even in Kesav Chabad.
Deletelots of old sifrey torah have zayins like that
ReplyDeleteMy first project was restoring an old megilla that had some zayin's like that, and the megilla was otherwise standard Ari.
ReplyDelete