Keeping the Forum non-commercial


Dear Forum member/reader,

When I set up the forum it was supposed to be a non commercial aide for English speaking sofrim to discuss halacha etc. I think we can all agree that it is going well the way it is, and I would like to keep it non commercial.

Having said that, I receive occasional requests from members with commercial interests and in some cases there may be other forum members that are in a position to genuinely help them. Examples include sofrim who write Stam that do not have enough buyers, sochrim who are stuck with a sefer torah or other items that they ordered and were not paid for, etc. Perhaps davaka someone on the forum is looking for such an item and both members could benefit.

For example last night I received an email from a forum member who bought a sefer torah and the buyer changed his mind and now he is stuck with the sefer torah. I would like to help him.

 So what I would like to propose is that -while I think we should keep the forum non commercial- as a minuimum I am happy to email around items for sale or  items needed to other forum members.

So If you are looking for items or need schorah, and likewise if you have extra schorah to sell or are stuck with something, please email me details and I will send it around.

If anyone does not want these emails please email me and I will take you off the list.

Kol Tuv,

Eli

Comments

  1. We could also do a separate blog for the same members for commercial posts only, that way it would be free flowing but still keep the idea-exchange clean. Or if you started a forum or facebook group there could be a separate page for business posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are hundreds of commercial safrus web sites and I still would like to keep this strictly non commercial as advised by my rav etc.

    Facebook is not very "soferish" I doubt you will find too many heimishe sofrim with facebook.

    Again, I'm happy to email things around I have 300 plus email contacts of sochrim and sofrim from around the world. I would do this as a favour for any stam forum member who requires assistance re the purchase or sale of an item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also don't forget once you become commercial there will be public records online,of commercial dealings, which will most certainly have taxation and other ramifications

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.