Atsey query

Am just fixing a very small torah from Canada - fortunately only minor repairs. However I have noticed that the discs of the atsey chayyim are all lose. I have dealt with individual loose discs before and repaired them. However the fact that all four are loose and by the looks of the disc hole size were deliberately made so gives me pause for thought that his was a deliberate thing because the Torah is so small. Should I fix them or leave them as is. Has any one any thoughts/experience of this?

Todah.

Comments

  1. just eraldite or pva wood glue should do the trick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi R. Eli, it isn't about how to fix as I've done that many times and wood glue is fine as you say. It is more about whether I should. Has anyone experienced all loose atsey as that suggests that the turner made a conscious decision to make them like that. Is he thinking that this is better somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mordechai,
    Shavua Tov. I have had a few like that. It's like having a Torah on wheels! I usually do glue them, especially if they are wobly.

    However, there have been times that I have found them to be well made. Then I just leave them alone as this was the intended design of the original carpenter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mordechai,
    Shavua Tov. I have had a few like that. It's like having a Torah on wheels! I usually do glue them, especially if they are wobly.

    However, there have been times that I have found them to be well made. Then I just leave them alone as this was the intended design of the original carpenter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.