Aleph, Ayin and Vav/Yud

Pic 1) I don't recall his exact words but I seem to remember R Shtern in Mishnat HaSofer saying that if both nekudot in the Aleph touch at the same place (ie like and X) then it's a major problem - I think he may have been machshir bediavad and I know others are but can anyone shed some light for me?

Pic 2) how far does an Ayin have to go to be meshane tzura? This one could almost be a tZadi peshuta - I reckon this one may still be ok, but it's close...?

Pic 3) for me the yud and vav are too close even for a tinok. Some may argue since they're slanted and the vav is a bit lower then a tinok can still help. Thoughts?





Comments

  1. Hi Ari,
    Pic 1: this x issue is a invented chumra, and anyway here it isnt a complete x, it is just "nebach" an ugly alef.
    pic.2: the ayin is still kosher, although out of shape a bit.
    pic 3: pasul, there is basicaly no diference here between the yud and vav. so there is a double problem, a. one of the letters is pasul for shinuy tzura, b. this word cannot be read correctly.
    thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can fix the alef anyway, i always do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.