R' Shammai Gross and pictures from a computer

Just wanted to share a general point and a "maaseh rav" from today.

Eli had posted recently what he heard from R' Friedlander in regards to paskening from a computer image or print out.

Many shailos that I've seen on this forum and on R' Moshe's Hebrew forum I have brought to R' Shammai as a way of learning (this helped a lot in the shimush that I've made by him. Usually there are shailos in STaM by the Beis Horah every day however it was good to always bring more.) I've so far asked around 250 shailos from printed images and have them all saved in a folder as well as the psakim written in my notes on the computer. I have another 500 or so that I haven't asked yet! Aside from the folder with the printed images I hope to organize one day a Power Point presentation with all the images and psakim written out nicely and clearly.

There were some printouts that I brought that I was asked to get an official psak on. No matter what the shailo as long as it was in the "tzurah" of the ois he was willing to psaken from the printout. Things like color of the dio, etc he avoided of course, even if it would have been on the computer itself (perhaps more "real" then the printout) still he didn't want to pasken.

I know R' Friedlander made a chiluk if it's a shailo in something that if enlarged might change the tzurah then those shailos maybe not to pasken only from a computer or printout.

Today a sofer came with a camera and about 5 shailos he had the Sefer Torah he was writing. Nothing too problematic and he was able to take good pictures to show R' Shammai. He looked at all the pictures and paskend based on what he saw in the camera. Afterwards he said it's such a nice thing that the sofer could bring so many shailos just on the camera and doesn't have to come every time with all the yerios. Noting what a convenient and (seemingly) good thing it is.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.