Assumptions


Relating to a previously brought up issues of trust and assumptions - this is a parsha I received not long ago:

I have no issues not being machshir this parasha due to the fact that something was clearly erased and the words משה לאמר קדש where clearly written almost definitely after the parasha was completed. (Aside from the fact that the reish in לאמר is a vav...)

My question is more theoretical than practical - if in this case I wanted to use the other parshiyot or the batim, would I be able to? Or is there a chashash that they can't be trusted because of this instance? Or would I say that the Sofer would be trusted and the incident above is the work of a magiha? Thoughts?

Comments

  1. clearly it is a different ksav to the sofer - hence I think the sofer's work still has a chezkas kashrus. was probably taken from shaimos and edited by a dodgey middleman. wouldn't want to be him after 120

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here
    the sofer seems to be too skilled to add such a sloppy job
    I would bet it was someone else

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.