In today’s day and age, virtually every kosher product available to the consumer comes with a hechsher. By hechsher, I mean an official and recognised rabbinical body or agency that certifies the kashrus of a product, be it a food item or a religious article. Hechsherim play a vital role in providing consumer confidence, and something branded by a reputable kashrus agency will be considered more legitimate than a similar product that does not. The agency has rigid policies and protocols in place to ensure correct standards are met, and they are independent of the manufacturer so that there is no conflict of interest. As we have discussed on this forum previously, there is a distinct lack of official hechsherim on Sta”m products - Tefillin, Mezuzos and Sifrei Torah. Even the Vaad Mishmeres Sta”m, the oldest and most well- known rabbinic agency in the Sta”m world does not certify products. They test and ordain sofrim and magihim (examiners), offer a computer checking service (sp...
I'n not sure what you are questioning - but if it is the Taf of the word Es, you should have the same question on the Taf of Mezuzos two lines before. I'd be more concerned with the Nun of Diganecha.
ReplyDeleteMy concern was actually nun of ונתתי. Looks very much like an S.
ReplyDeleteI think its fixable based on a biur HaSofer (I forget the reference, I'll post it when I have a chance to check).
I wasn't really asking a question, more of a show and tell.
def kosher but should be fixed
Deleteagreed, it is ok. Thicken the kav chibbur on the upper right side so the rosh is more evenly balanced.
ReplyDelete