Bar Mitzvah Chinnuch Workshop













I recently did a Tefillin workshop with a Bar Mitzvah school group of a dozen or so kids. Besides for learning many of the halochos of tefillin, I did an interactive 3 session project where the boys made their own pshutim mehudarim batim. Of course the tefillin are not being used in real life but the project gave them a practical understanding of many of the halaochos they had learned about tefillin. The best part was that there was no cost , I was able to obtain the pieces from a factory in Yerushalayim who were happy to give me their seconds. Its the first time I did this and the boys enjoyed it very much. I think its a good idea for anyone out there who does school presentations and workshops, especially for Bar Mitzvah aged groups.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! There is nothing like involving the kids hands-on. This is one experience that they will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hatslocha rabba! I think that hands-on projects are a great way to learn in general, and for safrut, they are indispensable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.