Comment on the vertical megillah question

I received this by email:

I am not a member of your forum, and don’t wish to become one, but I do follow it religiously.



On the recent question of a megilla that opens vertically, it seems to me that there is a basic problem. If the request was to write it page by page, with the pages arranged vertically, with spaces in between, then the spaces would constitute a parsha that is incorrect. If, on the other hand, the intention was to write the whole thing, line after line, without any extra breaks, that would cause a problem with Asseres B’nai Haman, which everyone seems to agree have to be either at the top or bottom of a page, if not on a page of their own.



So I don’t really see how this can be L’maaseh.



Thank you for your interesting forum.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.