Question on the עשרת בני המן page in the Megillah

I recently got some קלף for a second מגילת אסתר, and I see that the lines were done for the עשרת בני המן daf a bit different than normal.

Instead of the page dividing evenly into 11 lines, there are 10 lines that are equal, but the 11th line is smaller than the rest of the lines.

I assume that it is the correct layout, but my question is witch line should the כתב be based on?

I know for sure it cannot be the larger lines because then the כתב for the 11th line would jump out of the 11th line.

I will try to get a picture of the lines בעזרת ה soon.


Comments

  1. It is normal, all my Megillos are like that and you should base the ksav to be about 6.5 Kulmusin of one of the 10 big lines.

    It is made like that so that the last line of the Aseres should end somewhat equal with the other Amudim. If the 11th line would be the same size of the other 10 then the last line of the Aseres ends a bit higher than the other Amudim and ruins the uniform look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK thanks for the response,
      So I base the כתב on the bigger lines, and it should be good enough so that the line will be just enough to fit the Amud.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.