What is the Funniest STaM incident you've experienced as a Sofer/Magiah/Socher/Batim Macher etc etc

Due to the request that we should post more posts and Purim is tomorrow, I'd like to ask a question,

(Since we are supposed to get ready for Peach 30 days before, and 30 days before Pesach is Purim... so I need to prepare how to ask questions!)

What is the Funniest STaM incident you've experienced as a Sofer/Magiah/Socher/Batim Macher etc?

And of course... 

A happy Purim! 

Image result for Happy purim

Comments

  1. I was in the middle of writing my first Megillah Esther, and left my work with the klaf open on my Safrut table. (I usually place over the Megillah a beautiful hand embroidered cover from Iran.) Anyway, a couple of days later I sat down to continue writing, when suddenly the letter Yud from the last word I had written before my break started to move, and then walked away! I jumped/fell off my drafting chair and stared at the klaf in utter disbelief. How could a Yud pick itself up and scurry off the page? I looked again and realised that the Yud was a small spider - midnight black and a little shiny. It had rested while I was away on precisely the spot where a letter could have been inked, and stayed there, silently, motionless, until I started writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is clearly more than one reason to cover your writing afterwards as seen by this funny story!

      Delete
  2. I could write a book. But one funny story that comes to mind is when I was offering tefillin to a secular yid for his grandson. I told him that me cheapest pshutim mehudarim tefillin are "four fifty" and better quality gassos tefillin start at "six fifty". So he said "for the extra two dollars, I'll take the better ones!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.