mezuzah placement virtual walk-through

I was asked last week to check the correct placements for mezuzot at a newly-renovated home. The "walk-through" was conducted via WhatsApp video, and the home owner took me on a detailed tour of his newly-renovated house. I asked him to show me different viewing perspectives, as well as doorways opening from outside. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the "walk-through" went, and how technology helped us with this important mitzvah. I'm interested in hearing about technology-assisted solutions from my colleagues.
Be well,
Shmuel

Comments

  1. Based on my experience and from shailahs raised in some forums, it seems very common for mezuzahs shailahs to be asked via images or video rather than asking a rav to make a home visit or with amateur, 2D diagrams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do many virtual mezuzah walk throughs. My advice is that not to do it at night time firstly, (I do not reccomend at night even when doing it in person).

    Also a great challenge by virtual walk throughs is that when one is trying to evaluate the "right side" on certain doorways before Paskening, one needs to have a very clear understanding of the house layout. In person it is much easier to get a proper understanding of the house layout than in virtual mezuzah walk throughs.
    Hatzlacha rabba

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.