Megillah Computer Checking

I have been writing Megillot Esther and Shir HaShirim for four years, but have not yet needed to have something computer checked (I've been careful to check everything I write during and after writing against the tikun, and I lein through every column once it is finished to double-check).

I am now selling a Megillat Esther, and the customer would like it computer-checked. All well and good, but I have no idea about computer checking, as I've not needed it before. I've vaguely heard things about it - Mishmeret Stam and Tor are names I've read on this forum - but I have no idea how to access these or what the cost would be.

I suppose that ultimately I have the following questions:

  1. Can I get computer checking done in the UK?
  2. If not, presumably Israel is the best option; do I need to take the Megillah there, or can I scan it here and send it to the checkers?
  3. What does computer checking cost, for the various options available?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

  1. Hi Alex,

    You can email Rabbi Grannetstien of the Vaad Mishemeres Stam in Israel at stam4@bezeqint.net and he will explain how to scan and send images of the megillah. He will then send you back a report of any spelling mistakes. He speaks and writes English and I cannot imagine it would cost too much.

    Hatzlocha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ink, Kosher vs. non-Kosher

The forum is back online...for reference and research purposes.